HDMD™ - Premium Whetstone
The ultimate tool to revive your knives
The dullness of one knife is the kryptonite of any cutting experience. It is not only inefficient but also dangerous to mess around with a flat blade.
To resurrect your kitchen knife and maintain its sharpness, a whetstone is your best bet, and this HDMD premium whetstone is built for that.
Made with aluminum oxide or known as corundum in its natural form. This premium whetstone is made under the technique to replicate traditional Japanese water stone.
The stone is capable of sharpening all kinds of kitchen knives, from massive cleavers to delicate sushi knives, you name it, the whetstone delivers.
The HDMD premium whetstone comes with two sides for different sharpening purposes, understand the level of grit before getting into the sharpening session is essential:
400 coarse grit: Fast removal of nicks and grits. Works best on a fairly damaged knife. While a coarse stone can quickly sharpen a dull blade, it can damage it if misused.
1000 Fine grit: Good metal removal rate. Best for giving a blade a sharp edge. Used for regular sharpening sessions.
Easy steps on using a whetstone
- Wet the sharpening stone at the center. Just a drop of water is enough.
- Place the blade on the cutting board at the correct sharpening angle, covering from the heel to the midpoint of the body, and secure the position with your fingers.
- Move the blade forward and back. As retaining the same angle during the entire process is vital, push and pull the knife with your shoulders.
- In about five minutes into the sharpening, flip and do it with the other side. If your knife is single-beveled, you don’t need to do this.
- After you sharpen a portion of the blade, repeat the process with the rest of the edge.
Check out our detailed knife sharpening guide: https://blog.hdmdknives.com/knife-sharpening-guide.html
Specifications & DetailsWeight: 707g
Size: 17.8 x 6 x 3cm
Material: Corundum/Aluminum Oxide
Color: White & Caramel
Fast and reliable delivery
We’ve partnered with the best-in-class carriers to ensure prompt delivery and peace of mind.
Orders are processed in 1-2 business days once your payment is confirmed. Our workers are busy checking and packing your items. In case your ordered product is out of stock, please allow us 2-5 days to make and re-stock it for you.
Once we get your order shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number you can use to check its status.
3-15 days to the US. We currently only ship to the US. If you live outside of our delivery zone and would like to try our products, send us a note at email@example.com!
Free shipping in the US. Limited time only.
Duties and taxes
Any order under $800 is not subject to customs duties and taxes. If your order is over $800, we recommend splitting it into several orders, otherwise duties may be applied.
Delivery time can be affected by many factors that are beyond our control. Your order may arrive earlier or later than the general shipping time. During the global pandemic in particular, your order may take longer than expected to arrive.
We have a 30-day refund policy. If you are not happy with what you receive, contact us within 30 days since receiving your item.
- To request a refund, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Refund”.
- If your refund request is approved, you’ll be refunded on your original payment method.
- Shipping costs are not refundable.