Grilled Chicken Breast and Cheesy Stuffed Potatoes: A Camping Favorite!
This recipe for grilled chicken breasts and melted cheese stuffed baked potatoes is perfect for a casual dinner around the campfire. The ingredients are simple and the method is straightforward, but the results are amazing!
For the chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vegeta (a seasoning blend)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
For the potatoes
- 2 large potatoes
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- A few cheese slices
Step 1. Marinate the Chicken
- Combine 2 chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon Vegeta, 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano in a bowl.
- Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Step 2. Boil the Potatoes
- Fill a large pot with around 1 liter of water and bring it to a boil.
- Add 2 potatoes and cook until they are slightly soft.
Step 3. Prepare the Filling
- While the potatoes are cooking, slice 10 mushrooms and chop 1 green pepper into small pieces.
Step 4. Fill and Season the Potatoes
- Once the potatoes are slightly soft, remove them from the pot and cut a slit on top of each potato.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to each potato and fill with the mushroom and green pepper mixture.
- Season with 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, wrap each potato tightly in aluminum foil, and place them back in the fire to continue cooking.
Step 5. Prepare and Cook the Chicken
- Using a kitchen hammer, pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness. This can expedite the cooking process and ensure that the spices permeate the meat thoroughly.
- Heat a grill pan with a generous amount of olive oil and cook the chicken, flipping occasionally, until cooked through and browned.
Step 6. Add Cheese to the Potatoes
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the potatoes from the fire and open the aluminum foil.
- Add a few cheese slices to each potato, wrap them back up in foil, and return them to the fire until the cheese is melted.
Step 7. Serve and Enjoy
- Slice the chicken into long strips and serve with the warm, cheesy potatoes.
- Sit back, relax, and enjoy the delicious flavors and peaceful sounds of nature.
We hope this super combo of carbs and protein can become your new camping favorite. And don't forget to equip yourself with the best tools for the job. Check out our collection of handmade kitchen knives at HDMD Knives to make your cooking experience even more enjoyable. Happy camping and bon appetit!