Sandwiches and fries have always been an all-timer. While it may sound like a simple combination, the magic lies in the carefully crafted marinade and the balance of fresh ingredients that make a sandwich truly exceptional.
That’s what we are here for today! Interrupting this classic duo by collaborating the fries with the sandwich, as well as zesty kick of citrus fruits. Creating a symphony of flavors we’ve never had. So, roll up your sleeves, sharpen your knife, and prepare to make your taste buds sing. Let's dive into the recipe.
- Pork meat
- Fresh parsley
- Green hot pepper
- Red onion
- Black pepper
With this tantalizing lineup of ingredients, you're all set to begin crafting your Pork Sandwich with Potato Chips. The secret to its deliciousness lies in the thoughtful combination of these elements, so let's get started on your culinary masterpiece.
Prepare the marinade
- Chop the parsley: Begin by finely chopping the fresh parsley as thin as possible. This vibrant green herb will provide a burst of color and freshness to your marinade.
- Slice the pepper: Carefully slice the green hot pepper into thin circles. The heat from the pepper will add a delightful kick to the marinade, but you can adjust the quantity to suit your spice tolerance.
- Dice onion: Next, dice half of the red onion into small cubes. The red onion brings a mild sweetness and a satisfying crunch to the marinade.
- Smash the garlic: Take your two garlic cloves and give them a gentle smash with the flat side of your knife. Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the smashed garlic and use the side of your knife to further crush and smear the garlic. This releases the aromatic oils and flavors.
- Combine the ingredients: In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped parsley, sliced green hot pepper, diced red onion, and the crushed garlic and salt mixture. The marriage of these ingredients will result in a harmonious blend of flavors that will elevate your sandwich to a whole new level.
- Zest it up: To add an extra layer of citrusy zest to your marinade, squeeze the juice from the lemon and orange directly into the bowl.
- Seasoning: Season the mixture with a dash of black pepper for a subtle, earthy heat, and drizzle in a bit of oil to bind all the flavors together.
Marinate the pork
Your marinade is prepared, and it's brimming with fresh herbs, zesty citrus, and a touch of heat – the key to elevating your pork sandwich to extraordinary heights..
- Prepare the pork: Take your chosen cut of pork meat and slice it into smaller, bite-sized pieces. This not only ensures that each bite is tender and flavorful but also allows the marinade to work its magic more efficiently.
- Combine with the marinade: Place your pork pieces into the same bowl as the marinade. Be sure to get every nook and cranny of the pork coated with this flavorful mixture. Use your hands or a spoon to gently toss and massage the meat, making sure it's well-covered.
- Let it rest: Once your pork is thoroughly coated in the marinade, cover the bowl and let it rest for a while. Ideally, allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes to an hour, giving the flavors a chance to meld and infuse the meat. If time permits, marinating for a few hours in the refrigerator will yield even more delicious results.
Cooking the marinated pork
Your marinated pork has been soaking up all those fantastic flavors, and now it's time to take it to the next level by cooking it to tender perfection.
- Transfer the pork: Once your pan is hot, carefully transfer the marinated pork pieces into the pan. You should hear that delightful sizzle as soon as they make contact with the hot surface.
- Cook with the marinade: Unlike some recipes, we're keeping things simple and efficient here. Cook the marinated pork together with the marinade. This will not only infuse the meat with the incredible flavors but also create a mouthwatering sauce that will coat each piece.
- Stir and sear: As the pork cooks, gently stir and sear the pieces. Aim for a golden-brown exterior with a juicy and tender interior. This should take about 6-8 minutes, but cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your pork pieces.
- Keep It Fresh: Remember those fresh ingredients we set aside earlier? It's time to bring them back into the spotlight. You'll want to keep a portion of the marinade mixture fresh for your sandwich, so set it aside.
Crispy homemade potato chips
As your marinated pork sizzles to perfection, it's time to prepare the ideal sidekick for your Pork Sandwich – crispy homemade potato chips. These golden, crunchy delights will add a satisfying contrast to the savory sandwich.
- Slice the potatoes: Begin by slicing your potatoes into thin circles. You want them to be uniform in thickness to ensure even cooking. If you have a mandoline slicer, it can be a handy tool for achieving the perfect thickness.
- Heat the oil: In a separate pan or deep fryer, heat enough oil for frying over medium-high heat. You can use vegetable oil, canola oil, or peanut oil – whichever you prefer for frying. The oil should reach a temperature of around 350°F (175°C).
- Fry the potato chips: Carefully add the sliced potatoes to the hot oil in batches, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Overcrowding can cause the chips to stick together and not crisp up properly. Fry the chips until they turn a beautiful golden brown and become crispy, which should take about 2-4 minutes per batch.
- Drain and season: Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove the crispy potato chips from the hot oil and place them on a plate lined with paper towels. This will help absorb any excess oil. While the chips are still hot, season them with a pinch of salt for that perfect balance of flavors.
- Let them cool: Allow the freshly fried chips to cool for a few minutes, during which they will become even crispier.
Assemble the sandwich
- Prepare the bread: Start by cutting your choice of bread in half. You can use a hearty artisanal roll, a baguette, or your favorite sandwich bread. For an extra layer of flavor, lightly toast the bread by placing it in a hot oven or toasting it in a dry pan until it's just slightly crisp and golden on both sides.
- Add the fresh marinade: Now, let's reintroduce the fresh marinade that we set aside earlier. Take a spoonful of this vibrant mixture and spread it generously onto one half of your prepared bread. This step will infuse your sandwich with a burst of fresh, zesty flavors.
- Layer on the marinated pork: Place your cooked and marinated pork pieces on top of the fresh marinade. Ensure an even distribution of the tender pork, letting the rich flavors take center stage. Don't forget to add some of the cooked marinade from the pan. This brings an extra depth of flavor to your sandwich and adds a touch of saucy goodness.
- The final touch: Last but certainly not least, crown your masterpiece with a generous handful of the homemade potato chips you prepared earlier. These chips bring a satisfying crunch to each bite and complement the savory pork and zesty marinade beautifully.Place the other half of your bread on top, gently pressing down to bring all the elements together. Your Pork Sandwich with Potato Chips is now complete.
There you have it – a sensational Pork Sandwich with Potato Chips that combines the freshness of herbs, the zest of citrus, the savoriness of pork, and the satisfying crunch of homemade chips. Each bite is a harmonious blend of flavors and textures that will leave you craving more.